Pre-conception, pregnancy, and nursing are critical times to optimize a mother's health and nutrition, which is important for both for mom and baby. Overall nutritional and caloric needs greatly increase during this time. However, it is often difficult for a woman to fulfill her daily nutrient needs through diet alone.Â
Thorneâ€™s Basic Prenatal is specifically formulated with the special needs of conception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding in mind.* Our formula contains well-absorbed, tissue-ready vitamins and minerals that are gentle on the stomach and non-constipating.*
Benefits of Thorneâ€™s Basic Prenatal at each stage:Â Â
- Daily multi-vitamin/mineral support for a woman of childbearing age.
- Provides beneficial nutrients that are important from the moment of conception.
- Folate facilitates healthy brain and spinal cord development.* Basic Prenatal includes the bioactive form of folate â€“ 5-MTHF.
- Vitamins C, B6, and K have been shown to benefit â€œmorning sickness.â€*
- Choline supports development of babyâ€™s brain and nervous system.*
- Contains the well-absorbed and well-researched iron bisglycinate to meet a pregnant womanâ€™s increased need for iron.Â
- Provides the extra nutrients needed for continued healthy fetal development and to prepare mom and baby for birth.*Â
After Pregnancy through Nursing
- Nutritional support for increased demand for calcium and vitamin D in the diet.